This just toasted two hours of my morning, and ended with a “Huh. I never would have thought of that!” moment. And whenever I have one of those, I like to toss the problem and the solution up here in the hopes of saving two hours from someone else’s morning, someday.
We have a Scorm course. The course is coded in Flash and heavily relies on FLVs. For one of our client’s sites, we just rebuilt the Staging environment, upgrading to Windows 2003. Ever since the rebuild, this course in question hasn’t worked in the Staging environment. It works fine in Production, but not in Staging. It’s the same code, but it works in once place and not in the other. I hate it when that happens.
Turns out that we didn’t have and needed a MIME for FLVs.
Crack open INetMgr. (These directions are for IIS6)
Thanks to Don DiCicco for finding the solution to this one. He googled up a link to a similar post on this same problem / solution. And thanks to good ol’ JT for posting the original solution, whoever you are.
The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent
my employer's view in any way.